Gruyere is one of Western Australia’s most exciting new gold mines. Gold Road Resources and Gold Fields are proud to have an established 50/50 JV partnership over Gruyere.
Reporting to the Coordinator: Mechanical (Fixed), you will be responsible for gaining and developing the required skills to successfully complete the requirements of an apprenticeship in a Mechanical Fitter (Fixed Plant) trade.
This role is offered on an 8 days on 6 days off roster and is Fly in Fly out from Perth direct to Gruyere where you will stay in the camp for the duration of your swing. Your training will involve both on the job and classroom-based learning and the role would be offered to the successful candidate on a 4 year Fixed Term Contract (duration of the apprenticeship).
Key responsibilities will include:
- Always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the strong safety culture and performance of Gold Fields and ensures that the Vital Behaviours program is supported and strengthened;
- Developing individual capacity to qualify as a tradesperson by undertaking all aspects of formal and informal training that is aligned to the Apprenticeship training plan outline and site requirements as directed by site training personnel;
- Applying underpinning knowledge and skills gained through the apprentice training program to enhance the reliability, serviceability and availability of the mill equipment, support equipment, and infrastructure relevant to your trade (fixed plant);
- Ensuring a safe work environment by keeping work areas clean and tidy along with identifying and reporting all hazards and incidents;
- Improving the overall effectiveness of the maintenance team by providing support and assistance as directed;
- Supporting the efficient operation of the processing production facilities by providing reliable and accurate maintenance knowledge, expertise and practical application, to minimise down time;
- Consistently demonstrate and reflect behaviours, actions and attitudes in line with the Gold Field’s Vision, Values and Code of Ethics. Actively promote Gold Field’s policies, procedures and systems relating to your area of responsibility.
Key factors to your success include:
- Completion of schooling to Year 12 would be desirable
- Intermediate level or above in Microsoft Office applications would be advantageous
- A current Drivers Licence
- Applied First Aid certificate would be an advantage
- Previous experience working in mechanical maintenance in a mining environment an advantage but not essential
Interested parties should submit their Curriculum Vitae to: www.goldfields.com.au
Gold Fields is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment. We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.